Central Nine Adult and Continuing Education Student Contract
Instructors and staff are committed to providing the best possible educational opportunities for adult students. As a part of our commitment, we want to ensure that your rights and responsibilities are understood.
- Free adult education instruction; Evaluation for appropriate placement
- A program designed to meet your educational needs; A suitable and accessible learning environment
- Educational materials that are at your level and match your learning style
- Confidential records shared with third parties only with your consent and as required by law
Code of Conduct:
Students will be terminated or suspended temporarily from the program for any of the following offenses:
- Intimidating another person
- Threatening to harm or inciting others
- Physical or verbal assault on others
- Vandalism or Damage or destruction of property of instructors or other students
- Use, distribution, or possession of alcoholic beverages or controlled substances
- Possession or distribution of stolen property
- Not wearing appropriate clothing for all classes
- Use of tobacco products on class location premises
- Engaging in any activity forbidden by the laws of the state of Indiana that constitutes and interference with school purposes or an educational function
- Failure to comply with directions of teachers or other school personnel during any period of time when the student is properly under their supervision
- Interfering with school purposes or educational function of the school
- Failure to progress or abide by the attendance/cell phone policies
By signing the student contract, I understand that:
- I am expected to attend and participate in each class in its entirety.
- I will not engage in behavior distracting to myself or others.
- I will silence and put away my cell phone during class.
- If I am absent, I will ask my teacher for homework.
- I may be asked to leave the program if I do not have improved test scores or comply with the attendance/cell phone policy.
- I can petition to keep my place in class by submitting a one page letter to the Review Board.
- If I must stop attending class, I will notify my teacher and take a post test before leaving.
- I understand that I may be contacted for follow-up information after I exit the program.
Authorization to Photograph:
By signing the student contract,
I grant Central Nine Career Center hereafter known as “Adult and Continuing Education Program” the right to distribute, transmit, publish, copy, or otherwise disseminate my picture either in whole or in part, either digitally or in any other medium now known or later discovered for purposes related to education. I release and discharge the “Adult and Continuing Education Program”, and their agents, representatives, and assignees from any claim or cause or action, now known or later discovered, for, and among other things, invasion of privacy, right of publicity, defamation and any compensation arising out of the use and dissemination of photograph.