Central Nine Career Center is a state approved testing center for the HSE (formerly known as GED).
Although you must be at least 16 years of age to take the HSE test, you are never too old to test.
Applicants are required to be residents of the State of Indiana at least 30 days prior to taking the exam.
Everyone must register in advance and in person during regular office hours:
Monday – Thursday, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
Friday, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm (must register by noon if test is the following Monday)
The following is required at registration:
If you are 18 years of age or older, you must:
- Present 3 pieces of identification; 1 must be a government issued photo ID (driver’s license, permit, or state ID). If you’re using a passport or out of state ID, then one of your other ID’s must prove your Indiana residency.
- Prepay the $90 fee. We accept cash (exact change only) or credit/debit cards.
If you are 16 or 17 years of age, in addition to the above requirements, you must:
- Present an Exit Interview from the last high school you attended. You, your parent or guardian, the principal and the school superintendent must all sign the form.
- A signed withdrawal form that shows a student has been withdrawn to home school is an alternative.
- Student and parent or guardian must be present.
Acceptable forms of ID:
- Driver’s license
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate
- Car registration
- Credit/Debit Card
- Current Pay Stub
- Marriage License
- Current Phone / Utility Bill
We are unable to reserve test space without proper payment and proper ID.
You must register PRIOR to your desired test date.
Test spaces are limited.